Amy graduated from the University of Waterloo, Canada with a Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. She obtained her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Toronto, Canada and furthered her training at the University of Toronto for her Family Medicine Residency at North York General Hospital. She became a certificant in the College of Family Physicians of Canada after completion of her residency.
Amy moved to Singapore where she worked in primary care at Singhealth Polyclinics for 4 years after finishing her residency. After relocating to Hong Kong in 2017, she joined the team at The University of Hong Kong Shen Zhen Hospital (HKU-SZH) as a Family Medicine specialist. During this time she was also an Honorary Assistant Professor at HKU. She joined the Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care Department at HKU as a Clinical Associate in 2018 and then as a Clinical Assistant Professor in 2021, where she continues to teach the undergraduate medical students at HKU. She is also an Honorary resident of Hong Kong’s Hospital Authority where she provides clinical services. She is starting to pursue work in research.
- Ng, A. P. P., Liu, K. S. N., Cheng, W. H. G., Wong, C. K. H., Cheng, J. K. Y., Lam, J. S. M., ... & Lam, C. L. K. (2022). Feasibility and acceptability of electronic EQ-5D-5L for routine measurement of HRQOL in patients with chronic musculoskeletal problems in Hong Kong primary care. Health and quality of life outcomes, 20(1), 1-14.
- Chen K, Li Z, Liu R, Zhu Y, Yan W, Ng, APP and Chen Z (2022) Distribution of health problems at the general outpatients' clinic of the University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital: A cross-sectional study. Front. Public Health 10:889819. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2022.889819
- Bedford, L. E., Tang, E. H. M., Dong, W., Wong, C. K. H., Tse, E. T. Y., Ng, A. P. P., ... & Lam, C. L. K. (2022). Who reports insufficient and disturbed sleep? Results from a representative population-based health survey in Hong Kong. BMJ open, 12(9), e058169.
- Tu, K., Kristiansson, R. S., Gronsbell, J., de Lusignan, S., Flottorp, S., Goh, L. H., ...Ng, A.P.P & Stephenson, E. (2022). Changes in primary care visits arising from the COVID-19 pandemic: an international comparative study by the International Consortium of Primary Care Big Data Researchers (INTRePID). BMJ open, 12(5), e059130
- Ng, A. P. P., Chin, W. Y., Wan, E. Y. F., Chen, J., & Lau, C. S. (2021). Prevalence of depression and suicide ideation in Hong Kong doctors: a cross-sectional study. Scientific reports, 11(1), 1-11.
- Yu, M. W. C., Fung, J. L. F., Ng, A. P. P., Li, Z., Lan, W., Chung, C. C. Y., ... & Wong, W. C. W. (2021). Preparing genomic revolution: Attitudes, clinical practice, and training needs in delivering genetic counseling in primary care in Hong Kong and Shenzhen, China. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine, e1702.
- Ng, A. P. P., Chin, W. Y., Wan, E. Y. F., Chen, J., & Lau, C. S. (2020). Prevalence and severity of burnout in Hong Kong doctors up to 20 years post-graduation: a cross-sectional study. BMJ open, 10(10), e040178.
- 2010 Toronto Notes Family Medicine Chapter published by The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto
- 2009 Essential Clinical Skills Examination Handbook 6th Edition Psychiatry Chapter Medicine Chapter published by The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto
|Feb-22||Seminar on ”Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms”. 深圳市国际家庭医生能力提升培训班(Shenzhen International Family Doctor Competency Enhancement Course), Shenzhen, PR China, 13 February, 2022||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
|Sep-21||Seminar on "Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms" , Multi-speciality Medical Mega Conference - Hong Kong, 11 September, 202||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
|Aug-21||Seminar on” 常用教学方法： PBL/CBL”. 广东省全科医生骨干师资培训课程 (Guangdong General Practice Trainer Training Course), 香港大学深圳医院 (HKU Shenzhen Hospital), Shenzhen, PR China, 27 August||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
|Apr-21||Seminar on “Seminar on "职业道德与医学人文 (Professional Ethics and Humanities)".2021年广东省住院医师规范化培训全科专业普通师资班 (2021 Guangdong General Practice Trainer Training Course), 香港大学深圳医院 (HKU Shenzhen Hospital), Shenzhen, PR China, 14 April 2021.||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
|Nov-20||Seminar on 常用教学方法： PBL/CBL 广东省全科医生骨干师资培训课程 (Guangdong General Practice Trainer Training Course), 香港大学深圳医院 (HKU Shenzhen Hospital), Shenzhen, PR China, 20 November 2020. (Teleconference)||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
|Aug-20||Seminar on "职业道德与医学人文 (Professional Ethics and Humanities)". 2020年广东省住院医师规范化培训全科专业普通师资班. 香港大学深圳医院 (HKU Shenzhen Hospital) ,Shenzhen, PR China (by Zoom), 12 August, 2020.||Dr. Amy Ng||Invited speaker|
||Enhanced New Staff Start-up Research Grant (HK$380,000). “Assessing knowledge, attitudes, practices of and perceived barriers to using point-of-care ultrasound by primary care physicians in Hong Kong”|
||The Hong Kong College of Family Physician Research Seed Fund (HK$2500). “Assessing knowledge, attitudes, practices of and perceived barriers to using point-of-care ultrasound by primary care physicians in Hong Kong”|
|2022-2023||Curriculum and pedagogical innovation: Enhancement of interdisciplinary professional skills in physical activity (PA) counselling|
|2021-2023||Teaching and Learning Grant. A living library of patient-educators for virtual teaching, learning and assessment of clinical consultation skills for medical|