Dr Hin Moi YOUN
Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care
- M.P.H., Ph.D, post-doctoral fellow
Moi obtained a M.P.H in Seoul National University in Korea with specialization in public health policy and management, and continued her study for Ph.D in Yonsei University in Korea. Her Ph.D focused on health system and strategy assessment and evaluation. She is experienced in health service research, and published several papers in international journals.
Moi joined the Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care at HKU in November 2021, and is pursuing her interests in health research and developing public health strategies with a focus on non-communicable diseases management.
Key Research Areas
- Health and health service research
- Evaluation and development of health care systems and strategies
- Non-communicable disease prevention and management
- Youn, H.M., Choi, D.W., Jang, S.I. and Park, E.C., 2022. Disparities in diabetes-related avoidable hospitalization among diabetes patients with disability using a nationwide cohort study. Scientific Reports, 12(1), pp.1-9.
- Youn, H.M., Yun, C., Kang, S.H., Kwon, J., Lee, H.J., Park, E.C. and Jang, S.I., 2021. A Study on Regional Differences in Healthcare in Korea: Using Position Value for Relative Comparison Index. Health Policy and Management, 31(4), pp.491-507.
- Nari, F., Jang, B.N., Youn, H.M., Jeong, W., Jang, S.I. and Park, E.C., 2021. Frailty transitions and cognitive function among South Korean older adults. Scientific reports, 11(1), pp.1-9.
- Lee, D.W., Youn, H.M., Kang, S.H., Jang, S.I. and Park, E.C., 2021. Household income changes and suicidal ideation in South Korea: Findings from a longitudinal study. Suicide and Life‐Threatening Behavior, 51(4), pp.795-806.
- Youn, H.M., Lee, H.J., Lee, D.W. and Park, E.C., 2020. The impact of poverty transitions on frailty among older adults in South Korea: findings from the Korean longitudinal study of ageing. BMC geriatrics, 20(1), pp.1-10.
- Youn, H.M., Kang, S.H., Jang, S.I. and Park, E.C., 2020. Association between social participation and mental health consultation in individuals with suicidal ideation: a cross-sectional study. BMC psychiatry, 20(1), pp.1-10.
- Youn, H.M., Lee, D.W. and Park, E.C., 2020. Association between community outpatient clinic care accessibility and the uptake of diabetic retinopathy screening: A multi-level analysis. Primary Care Diabetes, 14(6), pp.616-621.
- Hurh, K., Youn, H.M., Park, Y.S., Park, E.C. and Jang, S.I., 2021. The impact of transitions in caregiving status on depressive symptoms among older family caregivers: findings from the Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging. International journal of environmental research and public health, 18(1), p.42.
- Kim, D.J., Youn, H.M., Lee, J.A. and Chae, H.R., 2014. Measurement of inequalities in health care utilization in Korea using Korea health panel. Health Soc Welf Rev, 34(3), pp.33-58.