Mr Phil Wai Shun LEUNG
PhD Candidate, Department of Family medicine and Primary Care, HKU
Master of Psychology (Clinical), University of Melbourne and National University of Singapore
MPhil in Social Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
BSSc (Hons) in Psychology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Principle Supervisor: Dr William Chi Wai WONG
Co-supervisor: Dr Shirley Xin LI (Department of Psychology)
Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Leung, P. W. S., Li, S. X., Holroyd, E. A., Tsang, C. S. O., & Wong, W. C. W. (2023). Online social media poses opportunities and risks in autistic youth: Implications for services from a qualitative study. Frontiers in Psychiatry, section Digital Mental Health, 14, doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2023.959846 (accepted for publication).
- Leung, P. W. S., Li, S. X., Tsang, C. S. O., Chow, B. L. C., Wong, W. C. W. (2021). Effectiveness of using mobile technology to improve cognitive and social skills among individuals with autism spectrum disorder: Systematic literature review. JMIR Mental Health, 8(9), e20892
- Leung, P. W. S. (2020). Impact of fathers’ support on marital satisfaction and caregiving strain: viewpoints of mothers of persons with intellectual disability in Hong Kong. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities, 17 (1), 51-58.
- Leung, P. W. S., Wong, W. C. W.; Tang, C. S. K., & Lee, A. (2011). Attitudes and child abuse reporting behaviours among Hong Kong GPs. Family Practice, 28, 195-201.
- Leung, P. W. S., Wong, W. C. W., Chen, W. Q, & Tang, C. S. K. (2008). Prevalence and determinants of child maltreatment among high school students in Southern China: A large scale school based survey. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, 2, 27.
- Wong, W. C. W, Leung, P. W. S., Tang, C. S. K., Chen, W. Q., Lee, A., & Ling, D. C. (2009). To Unfold a Hidden Epidemic: Prevalence of Child Maltreatment and its Health Implications among High School Students in Southern China. Child Abuse & Neglect, 33, 441-450.
- Wong, W. C. W., Leung, P. W. S., & Midnight Blue. (2012). HIV behavioural risks and the role of work environment among Chinese male sex workers in Hong Kong. AIDS Care, 24, 340-347.
- Wong, W. C.W., Tam, S. M., & Leung, P. W.S. (2007). Cross-Border Truck Drivers in Hong Kong: Their Psychological Health, Sexual Dysfunctions and Sexual Risk Behaviors. Journal of Travel Medicine, 14, 20-30
- Tang, C. S. K., Wong, W. C. W., Leung, P. W. S., Chen, W. Q., Lee, A., & Ling, D. C. (2011). Health compromising behaviors among Chinese adolescents: Role of physical abuse, school experience, and social support. Journal of Health Psychology, 16, 457-466
- Wong, W. C. W., Chen, W. Q., Goggins, W. B., Tang, C. S. K., & Leung, P. W. S. (2009). Individual, familial and community determinants of child physical abuse among high-school students in China. Social Science & Medicine, 68, 1819-1825.
- Wong, W. C.W., Holroyd, E. A., Lee, A., Wong, J. C. P., Wong, S. Y. S., & Leung, P. W. S. (2011). Involving the hard to reach: Developing and evaluating a sexual health programme for early school leavers in Hong Kong. Sex Education, 11, 77-97.
- Wong, W. C. W., Au Yeung, T. W., Fong, B. Y. F., Lo, W. L., & Leung, P. W. S. (2006). A survey of public doctors and patients on the implementation of the Standard Formulary of Drugs in the Hong Kong Hospital Authority. Hong Kong Medical Diary, 11(3), 4-6. 3
- Holroyd, E. A., Wong, W. C. W., Lee, A., Wong, S. Y. S., Wong, J., & Leung, P. W. S. (2009). The gender implications of sexual health education needs among Chinese early school leavers. Hong Kong Practitioner, 31(3), 120-127.
Presentations in conferences
- Leung P. W. S., Leung, V. H. C., Leung, D. S. C., Wong, O. C. K., Law, M. Y., Tam, Q. M. W. Tam, Tsang, C. S. O. Ageing Pattern and Functioning Abilities among Adults with Intellectual Disability in Residential Setting in Hong Kong: Exploring the Need of Early Elderly Services. Oral presentation at the CPCE Health Conference 2020. 13 January, 2020. Hong Kong.
- Leung, P. W. S., To, M. K. K, Law, M. Y., et al. To design and evaluate an innovative SUCCEED model to improve the quality of life among people with intellectual disability in residential setting. Oral Presentation at the 2018 5th Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development. 4-7 July, 2018. Dublin, Ireland.
- Leung, P. W.S., Tam, J, H. Y., Yam, C. P. F, et al. The profiles of adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: a comparison between those with high functioning and with comorbid intellectual disability. Oral Presentation at the 2018 5th Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development. 4-7 July, 2018. Dublin, Ireland.
- Leung, P. W. S., Tam, Q. M. W. Pilot Study on the Relationship between Sensory Profile and Sleep Quality among People with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Community. Poster presentation at the 2nd Hong Kong ASD Conference, 9 January, 2017. Hong Kong.
- Leung, P. W. S. Fathers' Support and Caregiving Strain among Mothers of Persons with Intellectual Disability: How to Maximize the Effectiveness of Support?. Oral Presentation at the 2016 4th Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development. 27-30 June, 2016. Seoul, Korea.
- Leung, P. W. S. Wong WCW, Tang CSK. Attitudes on Child Abuse and Mandatory Reporting among Doctors attended Diploma of Family Medicine Programme (DFM) in Hong Kong. Poster presentation at the XVIIth ISPCAN (The International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect) International Congress. 7-10 September, 2008. Hong Kong.
- Law, M. Y., Leung, P. W. S. An Innovative and Effective Caring Model for Ageing People with Intellectual Disability in Residential Setting. Oral presentation at the International Conference on Change and Innovation for a Better World: The future of Social Work Profession. 27-29 June, 2019. Hong Kong.
- Cheung, S. S. M., Wong, O. C. K., Leung, V. H. C., Law, M. M. Y., Leung, D. S. C., Tsang, C. S. O., Leung, P. W. S. To address the unspoken needs: Implementing Advance Care Planning for people with intellectual disability in residential setting in Hong Kong. Digital poster presentation at the 14th Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Conference (online). 13-14 November, 2021. Japan.
- Wong, W. C. W., Tam, M. S. M., Leung, P. W. S. Cross-border truck drivers in Hong Kong: Their psychological health, sexual dysfunctions and sexual risk behaviours. Poster Presentation at the North European Conference on Travel Medicine. 7-10 June, 2006. Edinburgh, Scotland.